Do you want to challenge your analytical programming skillset in a unique environment, where you will have great autonomy from day one? Do you have strong quantitative and programming skills in addition to an eye for applicability? Perfect, please keep on reading!
At Danske Bank, we are looking for a First Year Analyst who can develop data science tools to revolutionize the decision-making in our Corporate & Institutional Foreign Exchange team in Copenhagen.
Who we are
Corporate & Institutional FX (Foreign Exchange) Sales is part of the FI&C (Fixed Income and Currencies) division in Danske Bank’s Corporates and Institutions (C&I) arm – an ambitious and dynamic organization servicing the financial needs of the bank’s largest customers. We are the primary advisory partner for Denmark’s largest organizations in terms of risk exposure and mitigation in the FX space in addition to advising on the utility of structured derivative products. Moreover, we analyze market trends and aim to synthesize economic and political causality chains into concise recommendations to optimize our clients’ positions.
The role and the First Year Analyst-programme
You will become part of the preferred financial partner in our field in the Nordics and be an integral part of a diverse team with a strong client focus and a unique comradery.
- be responsible for building a decision sciences foundation that will be utilized by our Dealers, Traders and Analysts to optimize our decision-making and help us predict behavior and trends.
- work autonomously on data science projects of your choosing that you deem relevant to clients, colleagues or other stakeholders.
- get to know the dynamics of the trading floor first-hand, and get broad-based exposure to financial markets and have good options for personal development via close collaboration with colleagues on the trading floor and across the bank.
The First Year Analyst-programme consists of three learning modules and gives the opportunity for two short-term rotations. The programme offers a chance to build a useful network within the bank, and is an excellent way to get to know our organisation. In addition, the rotation opportunities enable you to broaden your knowledge and skill set, to give you a wider understanding of our business and add new perspectives to bring back to your original desk.
We offer attractive working conditions, including flexible hours – yes, you can indeed have a decent work-life balance in a markets environment.
Who are you?
For you to prosper in our team you should have strong analytical toolbox and be passionate about solving data science issues and know how to convey analytical findings to disparate stakeholders.
- finishing your M.Sc. in a relevant field in 2020.
- self-driven and can handle working autonomously on large-scale projects and is comfortable creating a decision sciences foundation.
- genuinely curious about analytics and wants to educate colleagues on the latest trends and implement developments into our processes.
- proficient in spoken and written English plus a Scandinavian language.
- fluent in a coding language (Python/R, SQL etc.) – the specific programs are not relevant, as long as the candidate displays an excellent command of programming.
We believe in an inclusive and diverse culture and therefore encourage applications from a diverse set of personal and educational backgrounds. If you have questions, please contact Nikolai Staugaard Eriksen, Dealer, +45 31 35 39 18 (email@example.com) or Christoffer Pind, Head of Corporate and Institutional FX Sales, +45 24 97 11 09 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Furthermore, you can read more about the position through this link: First Year Analyst in Corporates & Institutions .
Send application and CV no later than 13.10.2019.